The World Trade Center Institute (WTCI) seeks an experienced Manager of Creative Services to join its Marketing and Communications team.
Founded in 1989, the World Trade Center Institute (WTCI) is a non-profit organization committed to international business growth while balancing social good. WTCI is the largest international business organization in the mid-Atlantic, bringing together top global business executives from some of the world’s most iconic brands.
For more than 30 years, WTCI has connected and empowered globally minded leaders to collaborate, innovate, drive international business growth, and enhance society through our professional development programs, speaking series, fellowships, events, and conferences. WTCI is part of the more than 300 World Trade Center network organizations spanning 130 countries, serves in the World Bank Private Sector Liaison Officers Network across 100 countries, and has been a key partner with the US State Department for more than 20 years.
WTCI is a people-first organization and offers a professionally challenging and rewarding work environment. We are looking for innovative, creative, high-energy, and talented professionals that have a passion for enhancing international business, driving a positive impact on global communities, and developing and transforming business leaders.
The Manager of Creative Services will be responsible for designing graphics, reports, and other collateral for print and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate has strong original ideas but is open to collaboration. They create impressive designs and have a keen eye for detail. They will bring WTCI’s stories, impact, work, and brand to life in unique and compelling ways that drive our vision and mission.
- Manage day-to-day work of manager of creative graphic design focused on driving the vision and mission of WTCI and achieving performance goals
- Conceptualize, design, and produce creative graphics and content, for print and digital, on time and within budget
- Develop and design layouts, inclusive of copy and images for sales collateral (PDF and PPT), digital ads, motion graphics, onsite promotional materials (banners, printed collateral), etc.
- Create layouts and graphics for company website, social media, and other platforms. This includes motion graphicsmight, on occasion, include basic editing of video footage.
- Update/create branded collateral for client presentations and events
- Coordinate with program managers to confirm marketing objectives, creative direction, and brand consistency
- Help enforce WTCI brand guidelines
- Manage design revisions and approval of artwork and information accuracy
- Organize and manage WTCI’s digital assets including completed designs, logos, photos, stock imagery, video, and other content
- Develop visual content for WTCI website
- Develop photography and video strategies and goals based on executive, marketing and communications, and program management goals and desired outcomes
- Oversee photography and video contractors; develop and manage shot list and deliverables
- Manage and achieve production timelines
- Support marketing and communications team with website updates.
LEADERSHIP Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a team player
- Be innovative, bold, assertive, and creative
- Have an ownership mentality
- Possess a calculated risk-taking mindset, business sensibility, and a high level of urgency in their approach, constantly pushing themselves and others to achieve strategic outcomes for the organization
- Have an excellent portfolio – including motion graphics, typography, infographics, photography, social ads, flyers, etc
- Drive smart, outcomes-based creative designs
- Develop and execute creative that elevates WTCI and its programs, fellowships, signature events, and mission
- Have a fluency in graphic design, web, photography, and video editing tools including Powerpoint/Word, Adobe Creative Cloud (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, After Effects)
- Have a demonstrated ability to partner with the marketing and communications executive leadership team to drive strategic outcomes
- Posses strong time management skills and ability to set priorities
The ideal candidate will bring a range of experiences, with an emphasis on outcomes-focused and digital expertise. A passion for the mission, data-orientation, and interest in an entrepreneurial organization are all musts, though it is not required that this person have worked in a non-profit environment.
- Minimum of four years of graphic design work experience within an agency or creative department with a track record of effective and results based creative design
- Creative thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work under pressure
- Ability to thrive in an environment that encourages a sense of urgency, results ownership, passion for the mission, trust, and collaboration
- Photography/videography skills a huge plus
Benefits and Compensation
WTCI values work-life balance and offers work structures designed to maximize our impact and results while helping our team members balance their lives outside of work.
- Strong mission and vision for growth
- 4-day work week, M-Th
- 401K and Profit Sharing
- Health Savings Account (HSA) – WTCI contributes to employee’s HSA account
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Vacation, December and July 4th holiday weeks, holidays, and birthday
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Company-paid life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave
- Company-paid retreats and social events
- Annual subscriptions: MasterClass, New York Times, Washington Post, LinkedIn Learning, WTCI Resource Library & Training, and more
- Volunteering opportunities
- Company matching donation opportunities
- Competitive compensation
Please note: All employees and future employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are legally entitled to an accommodation.