The World Trade Center Institute (WTCI) seeks an experienced, innovative leader to head corporate relationships and development, membership, and account management.
Founded in 1989, the World Trade Center Institute (WTCI) is a non-profit organization committed to international business growth while balancing social good. WTCI is the largest international business organization in the mid-Atlantic, bringing together top global business executives from some of the world’s most iconic brands.
For more than 30 years, WTCI has connected and empowered globally minded leaders to collaborate, innovate, drive international business growth, and enhance society through our professional development programs, speaking series, fellowships, events, and conferences. WTCI is part of the more than 300 World Trade Center network organizations spanning 130 countries, serves in the World Bank Private Sector Liaison Officers Network across 100 countries, and has been a key partner with the US State Department for more than 20 years.
WTCI is a people-first organization and offers a professionally challenging and rewarding work environment. We are looking for innovative, creative, high-energy, and talented professionals that have a passion for enhancing international business, driving a positive impact on global communities, and developing and transforming business leaders.
The World Trade Center Institute is currently seeking a Vice President of Membership & Account Management.
The Vice President of Membership & Account Management will be responsible for developing and maintaining WTCI member clients and services. The individual will oversee WTCI’s membership growth and retention plan. WTCI has a range of membership benefits that offer value to global companies seeking to grow their international footprint and connect with other global leaders and innovators. This position will be responsible for developing the strategies and plans to continually enhance WTCI’s value proposition and achieve growth targets.
This individual will report directly to the Co-CEOs and be part of WTCI’s Leadership team. They will be responsible for the strategic and financial success of the organization’s membership and account management function. The individual will provide executive leadership and drive innovation to membership recruitment and retention in current and new markets. The individual will have direct responsibility for the membership and account management budget. They will proactively build new opportunities to expand the reach and influence of the organization and its portfolio.
- Manage day-to-day work of the Membership & Account Management team, establishing strategies and setting priorities for ensuring achievement of core performance goals
- Build out the Membership and Account Management processes, systems, and reporting
- Develop membership communications, share stories, and impact narratives
- Facilitate connections among members and clients
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team and drive results through collaboration among the team at large
- Oversee key accounts
- Design and create member offerings and benefits that enhance WTCI’s value proposition
- Design and rollout sales pipeline strategies, management, tracking, and reporting leveraging Salesforce
- Support the continued strategic evolution of WTCI’s Membership & Account Management function, in concert with staff, visionary founders, advisory founders, and funders
Fundraising & Finance
- Develop 3-year growth strategy and plan, including annual goals and objectives to increase membership in the current markets, as well as new markets
- Create and implement plans to reach short and long-term financial objectives for major and planned gifts
- Cultivate relationships with global companies and executives, building alignment between membership and engagement with WTCI’s value proposition
Leadership Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be innovative, bold, and assertive
- Possess a calculated risk-taking mindset, business sensibility, and a high level of urgency in their approach, constantly pushing themselves and others to achieve strategic outcomes for the organization
- Drive smart, outcomes-based change, and innovation
- Develop and execute a creative and inspired vision and strategy for WTCI’s Membership and Account Management, while also being hands-on in the execution of the work
- Have a fluency in digital outreach and a proven track record of embracing new platforms and products that transform how people are informed and engaged
- Have a demonstrated ability to partner with, counsel, and influence an executive leadership team to drive strategic outcomes
The ideal candidate will bring a range of experiences, with an emphasis on outcomes-focused and sales and relationship management expertise. A passion for the mission, data-orientation, and interest in an entrepreneurial organization are all musts, though it is not required that this person have worked in a non-profit environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of professional work experience with track record of effective program management and accomplishments; completion of advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to sell memberships, secure sponsorships, and cultivate relationships to achieve sales and retention goals
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, and Salesforce database
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Strategic thinker - comfortable defining and driving strategy with senior leaders and executives
- Experience managing in-person and remote teams
- Impeccable writing skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Direct experience with and strong capacity for securing new grants and managing existing ones
- Proven ability to deliver effective and successful presentations to Board Directors and conduct thought-provoking discussions during Board of Directors and Senior Management meetings
- Attract, develop, mentor, motivate, and retain an outstanding, diverse, high-performing group of driven professionals
- Create an environment that encourages a sense of urgency, results ownership, passion for the mission, trust, and collaboration
- Experience working with educational institutions and their constituents preferred
Benefits and Compensation
WTCI values work-life balance and offers work structures designed to maximize our impact and results while helping our team members balance their lives outside of work.
- Strong mission and vision for growth
- 4-day work week, M-Th
- 401K and Profit Sharing – WTCI contributes 5% of annual salary to employees’ account
- Health Savings Account (HSA) – WTCI contributes the maximum IRS-allowable amount to employee’s HSA account
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Vacation, December and July 4th holiday weeks, holidays, and birthday
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Company-paid life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave
- Company-paid retreats and social events
- Annual subscriptions: MasterClass, New York Times, Washington Post, LinkedIn Learning, WTCI Resource Library & Training, and more
- Volunteering opportunities
- Company matching donation opportunities
- Competitive compensation
Please note: All employees and future employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are legally entitled to an accommodation.